Things to remember when you get in an accident:
- Turn off your vehicle as soon as it is safely possible
- Ensure that all passengers are ok in both vehicles if another party is involved.
- Ask for the other party’s name, phone number and insurance information.
- Report the collision to the police as soon as possible if the damage appears to be over $ 1,000. A general rule of thumb to determine damage: If one panel has a small scratch and needs to be painted it is approximately $ 300.00, if more than one panel needs replacement in generally is over $ 1,000.
- Do not admit fault, leave that for the police and insurance adjusters.
Determine if your vehicle if safe to drive away from the accident.
NOT SAFE TO DRIVE WHEN:
- Fluids are leaking
- Wheel or tire damage
- Difficulty in steering
- Lights damaged or wires cut
- Engine making unusual noises
- Air bags deployed or warning lights appear
- Body panels that are sticking out more than a few inches, have sharp or jiggered edges
- If you generally do not feel safe driving the vehicle Use common sense
- Call your Insurance agent or company to report the loss.
- Call a preferred local tow Company
- Call us at (716) 876-0421 to arrange for an estimate and to set up substitute transportation. Let us do the rest!